Come out for the most fun gravel ride of the summer! Offering 100 KM route winding you through the Iowa countryside.
While Iowa isn’t known for mountains, you will find over 4,500 ft of climbing through the Loess Hills over this 100-kilometer event (or about 63 miles) Course designer Rafal Doloto has guaranteed this one to test your limits- including gravel, rolling hills and minimum maintenance roads- all coming together to showcase Iowa’s signature landscape. Be ready for some fun! We look forward to seeing you out on the gravel!
New for the 2016 Ride:
- Post-ride food will be provided by local cyclist and chef, Eric Marshall (not only will it be delicious…but it’s also included in your registration!)
- Water and refreshments will be provided (no beer at this year’s event…yet)
- Photographers Jeremy Cook and Angela will be on-site taking photos throughout the day
- Start/finish at Mills County Fairgrounds, 61317 315th St, Malvern, IA 51551
- $25 Registration Fee (Proceeds benefit local non-profits)
- June 17th, 2017 (9am start)
- Registration will open April 15th (Spend your tax refund wisely)
- The Boehner Pond Campground (located just a few short blocks from the city-center of Malvern, IA) is a great camping option ($5/night for tent camping, $15/night for water/electric hookup)
- For traditional hotel-style accommodations, Omaha NE is a short drive to the West of Malvern– and has many hotel/motel/B&B offerings.
Take Interstate 480-S to US-75 S/US-34 to 315th St in Silver Creek (~35 miles). Continue on 315th St. Drive to Main St. in Malvern (~3 miles)
From the North (Sioux City/Sioux Falls)…
Take Interstate 29-S to US-275 S/US-34 W in Plattville (~115 miles). Take exit 35 from I-29 S. Continue on US-34 W to Main St in Malvern (~15 miles)
From the East (Des Moines/Central Iowa)…
Take Interstate 235 W to I-80 W (~10 miles). Take I-80 W to US-59 S in Avoca (~90 miles). Take exit 40 from I-80 W. Follow US-59 S and US-34 W to Main St in Malvern (~55 miles)
From the South (Kansas City)…
Take Interstate 70 W to I-29 N. Follow I-29 N to Plattville (~160 miles). Take exit 32 from I-29 N. Continue on 221st St. Take US-34 E to Main St in Malvern (~15 miles)
Prizes for Top 3 in each category!!!
Following links include course directions.
THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE WATER STOP @ MILE 30. PLEASE Plan Accordingly. The stop will be at Sugar Clay Winery. The aid station will be fully stocked.
PLEASE USE DRY COURSE Instructions
- Here is your turn by turn directions in PDF format
- Turn by turn Directions should fit into standard ziplock sandwich bag
- Here is your GPX/TCX files in Zip Format
- I would highly encourage you to use Gpx files where applicable.
If you are not sure how to use turn by turn directions please read the following article.
Mills County Fairgrounds
61317 315th St
Malvern, IA 51551
June 18th, 2016
9am start - 100 Km